Blogbuster

Reviews and views about all things interesting...

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Weight Loss Winner

I FINALLY MADE IT… Stepping onto my scales yesterday I was surprised to see my target weight of 12.5 stone (175 lbs) staring back at me from the dial of my scales – one week ahead of schedule of the September 19th deadline!

From Monday to Friday for the last couple of weeks, my daily food intake has consisted of a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a piece of fruit for lunch and a smallish size dinner, allowing myself to be decadent at the weekend. Who says you can’t enjoy yourself on a diet?

Because I have cut down what was an unhealthy intake of sugars and other carbohydrates I have found that my energy levels are more stable and I no longer crave after chocolate - a big problem of mine!

Another change (apart from the slowly loosening jeans) is that I feel I have gained a great sense of control over myself. Where once I would eat whatever I liked, whenever I liked, I now tend to think a bit more (but not obsessively) about the consequences of my food habits. For someone so unhealthy that can only be a good thing.

I can honestly say that this challenge was mentally one of the most difficult experiences of my life as I enjoy a good burger more than anyone, but it was also a great test of my will power, and I really feel that I have achieved what for me was the impossible!

To read about my original challenge see My Weight Loss.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Tim. I hope Ian pays up!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home