Blogbuster

Reviews and views about all things interesting...

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gourmet Burger Kitchen Review

Continuing my reviews of eating establishments, I visited Gourmet Burger Kitchen Gardner Street Brighton, who focus on nothing but burgers and fries!

Upon arrival with a friend I noted the fresh, modern interior and informal atmosphere of the restaurant. The ordering system worked much like that of a pub, with each table having a number and once a selection had been made from the menu, the order was placed at the counter and the food was brought to the table when it was ready.

Perusing through the menu I had difficulties in making a decision, with a large selection of beef, chicken, lamb, venison and vegetarian burgers available with every topping imaginable. In the end I chose the avocado and bacon beef burger and my friend went for the pesto burger. Having witnessed the size of what other people in the restaurant were eating, we decided to share a portion of fries!

When the burgers were placed before us by a friendly waiter I was staggered! They must have measured about fifteen centimetres (six inches) tall and were held together with a cocktail stick and packed with the usual toppings plus in mine, the more unusual avocado.

The taste of my burger was even better than its appearance – all the ingredients were fresh and appetising and the flavour of the avocado worked really well with the bacon. Unlike McDonalds or Burger King where burgers the thickness of a slice of ham are cooked until the flavour disappears, the meat at in my gourmet burger was thick and perfectly grilled - still slightly rare in the middle. There was so much of it that I really struggled to finish. I would suggest that though delicious, the fries are only necessary for those with a phenomenal appetite.

The price of the meal for two people came to around twenty quid, which sounds a lot as we were eating something usually sold cheaply to the masses. But these were not ordinary burgers – they were something a whole lot better – perhaps the word burger shouldn’t be used to describe something so tasty. Most people wouldn’t think twice about spending 20-30 quid each on a ‘proper’ meal so in my opinion Gourmet Burger Kitchen represents great value for money. Will I be going back? Certainly and soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate their burgers, they are far too big and overpriced for what can only be described as a poncy BK! and its far too exp £1.85 for a coke! £2.25 for fries! Give me a break!!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home